Monday, February 23, 2009

Hey Jude

You know, Stein got me back into crossfit in the most insidious way.... worked me into it by working me further and further into that zone of discomfort. The place where I couldn't breathe anymore, couldn't row anymore. Couldn't do shit anymore. And what we did wasn't even a fucking crossfit. Meanwhile, I've been waiting for a long-awaited grandchild... and everytime I worked out I was thinking...."damn, I'm about to be grandmother, but I want to bust the myth... the typical thought process around what grandmother's are."

I do something like this everytime I go to the gym.

Based upon current economic uncertainties, I had to give up my friend, my mentor, my well-loved Stein. this was an entirely unpalatable task; it's like firing my best friend and it sucks.

But is means I have to come up with my own motivation, and I've learned a lot from Stein that will help me through. But it also means I have to get myself to the gym without appointments, and without promises of a kick-ass workout. What I have to do is get myself there and then do what I know I have do to. It's not going to be easy, and it's not going to be nice... but I have to do what I know I have to do.

I have Buster to live for. And he's worth ever fucking second of my life.

No comments: