Monday, March 16, 2009

Hit Me With Your Best shot...

Fire away....

I did not go to gym more than 1 day last week. We've been trying to reconcile 30 years of dusty, musty parts for returns. It's an arduous task and one that takes time. Time, we don't have. It's also hard to reconcile the loss of the business ane what I need to do to take care of my body.

We decided to close our business, the economy has tanked and the Landlord is entirely inflexible in even considering reducing the rent. They believe they can fill this space in a couple of months, essentially evicting us. I guess filing an unlawful detainer says it all. Much luck to them... they are richer than God, and frankly, most retail spaces in better locations are renting for 1/3 of market value. So what that the hell, we get out now, avoid massive debt, and start looking for jobs for ourselves.

Meanwhile, last week, my emotional response to this has been a compete inability to eat anything more than half a sandwich if that, per day, which makes it impossible to have energy to work out. I'm hoping to have more energy to get to the gym this week. I need to keep my body in to form. Hard to do when your body is rejecting food.

1 comment:

Tom Frank said...

Dear Heather, I feel for you guys. I've closed several retail stores and strangely it felt similar to my divorces.

I called the last month I was in business, my Hospice phase. JUst trying to keep myself as comfortable as possible as I watched my dreams go down the tubes.

Call me if you want to talk. Keep your chin up and just keep on keep'en on. . . it's all we can do.


Tom