Thursday, July 24, 2008

Jungle Boogie

Monday was a great day! Son-ray came by the shop on his way home, and I invited him to come check out my gym, which he took me up on. Stein gracefully worked him into my routine, which I did not expect. I love Stein. He's such a great guy.

I could see that Dash was impressed after the first set (with two more sets of three to go!). Stein had him sweating and working hard, doing the same routine as me, but with heavier weights. Yeah, the kid was really sweating and I could see he was both dubious about doing the entire work-out, as well as ready to go through it to the end (hell, you can't let your middle aged mom get the best of you, can you???). He does go to the gym, and he is athletic, but he hasn't been doing these intensive training sessions, as I have, for the last six months.

At the end of the hour, Dashiell was pretty thrashed. As he should be. Stein is a great teacher, and an A-Plus task-master. But even thrashed, D. liked some of the dynamic/explosive movements so much he went in for another set. I gave Dash some of the protein smoothie I always have ready post-workout, which he was really going to need.

The apex of this whole thing was that he texted his GF as left for home; "My mom is a SAVAGE, and her trainer is NO JOKE." Yeah, that felt really good.

No comments: